Solving the Long-Term Service Issue
Without the ability to ensure long-term maintenance services for customers and their financed home improvements, finance providers are putting the long term financial health of their portfolios at risk. Many finance providers rely on contractors to provide ongoing service to their system owners. However, this is not a reliable practice for three main reasons:
- In the rapidly changing solar industry, many contractors will not stay in business long enough to fulfill installation service obligations.
- Most contractors do not have a dedicated service department and are therefore have neither the capacity nor the expertise required to respond to maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Many residential service calls are not the result of workmanship defects and therefore are not covered under installation workmanship warranties.
When a system underperforms, customers are saddled with the unexpected costs of higher utility bills and system repairs in addition to their loan payment for a dysfunctional system. These factors significantly increase the likelihood of late payments or default.
About your service provider:
Through the Extended Service Plan (ESP), you gain comfort and security knowing that the nation’s largest residential service company is caring for your accounts. We understand the challenges faced throughout your solar energy system’s lifetime and are committed to providing a premium platform that gives you the peace of mind that comes from knowing your solar investment is protected. SolarDrop, Inc. approaches residential operations and maintenance using best practices derived from our foundational experience servicing and repairing thousands installs. We understand the challenges faced throughout a projects lifetime and we are committed to providing a premium service to support maximized performance and lower operating costs.
Is this a warranty?
ESP is a service plan, not a warranty. Your equipment comes with manufacturer warranties which your contractor has registered. If your equipment fails while it is under warranty, we can help you contact your manufacturer and get your defective equipment replaced.
What is a service request?
If you have an issue with your installation, our support specialists will work with you to try to resolve it remotely. If we identify an under performance issue we will let you know how that issue is affecting your project, and will provide you with service options. If your system requires servicing, we will dispatch a certified field technician to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. You will not be charged for the labor to resolve your first service issue.
What happens if I’ve used my service request(s)?
Your service request is good for 20 years or as long as you own your home. There is no labor charge for your first request and subsequent requests, if any, will be discounted.
Purchase ESP here
PHONE | (877) 407-9190
EMAIL | firstname.lastname@example.org
WEBSITE | WWW.SOLARDROP.COM
HOW TO USE YOUR HOME CONCIERGE SERVICE:
If you have an issue with your project
- Contact SolarDrop, Inc. Home by phone (877-407-9190), email (email@example.com) or via the web (www.solardrop.com)
- Share your concern or question with one of our solar service experts
- If possible, our solar service team will resolve your issue remotely
- If the issue can’t be resolved remotely, you will be asked if you want us to visit your home and resolve the issue
- If you want us to visit, we will set up an appointment at a time that works for you
- We will send one of our qualified service technicians to your site to resolve the service issue
- If more than one trip is required to service your system (if we need to order equipment, for instance), we will let you know and will set up a follow-up visit at no extra cost
- We will return as many times as required to resolve your service issue
- We will inspect your entire project as part of our service, and can provide you a copy of our service report for your records
- Solar Module Washing: If you’re interested in washing your own panels, contact us first and we can tell you how. If you want your system cleaned by a professional solar panel washer, we can send one out to your site at a discounted rate
- Project Checkup: If you’d like to use your complimentary service call to perform a checkup, let us know. We’ll inspect your entire job and will provide you with a comprehensive inspection report. If you don’t want to use your complimentary service call for a checkup, your rate will be discounted.
- Moving Services: If you decide to sell your home, SolarDrop can provide you with a comprehensive report and will work with your Realtor to provide to potential buyers.
- Energy Storage: Considering adding battery storage to your solar installation? SolarDrop can help you through the process and offer you competitive pricing on leading solar energy storage products.
- Roof Leak Inspection: SolarDrop is not responsible for servicing roof leaks (see below), but we can inspect your system to help determine whether a roof leak was caused by your solar installation.
- Roof Leaks: Your solar installer provides a warranty for any roof leaks caused by the solar installation, and your homeowner’s insurance covers non-solar roof leaks.
- Components not installed by original installer: SolarDrop Extended Service Plan covers your original solar installation only. Additional components installed after the original installation are not covered. If you want to install additional solar components, call SolarDrop and we can advise you of your best options.
- Out of Warranty Equipment: SolarDrop will help you file the warranty paperwork and return any equipment that is under warranty. SolarDrop will replace defective equipment that is out of warranty, but you will be responsible for the cost of the equipment. SolarDrop will provide you with an equipment cost estimate prior to replacing any equipment that is out of warranty.
Purchase ESP here
The services provided by SolarDrop, Inc. are for customer service call center support and solar system monitoring and maintenance for residential solar systems. The information contained herein is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any type of insurance product. The information and de-scriptions contained herein are not intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the services provided, but are provided solely for general informational purposes.