Morningstar TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB TriStar Charge Controller, 60A, 600V, 48VDC, MPPT, w/ RTS and Grounded Disconnect
High Voltage Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking and Pre-Wired DC Disconnect Box
Morningstar's TriStar MPPT 600V Charge Controller offers a highly efficient power path for charging batteries with higher voltage photovoltaic (PV) arrays, wind turbines or hydropower systems. The controller's higher voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Adding modules incrementally with no string sizing issues
- Off-grid PV, wind or hydro systems with input voltages greater than 150V
- Fewer combined circuits and lower current for long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting grid-tie PV systems to include battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Supplementary charging for AC Coupled PV systems
The TriStar MPPT-600V charge controller is a brand new addition to our world-leading TriStar MPPT solar controller family, which was first introduced in 2009 and has become the MPPT controller of choice for many large, global, off-grid PV applications. The TS-MPPT-600V leverages Morningstar's innovative TrakStar™ MPPT technology and their 20+ years of power electronics engineering excellence, to deliver the widest PV input operating voltage range available in a PV controller. Morningstar's TrakStar™ MPPT technology enables the TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller to harvest the maximum energy from the solar array or wind turbine. The high-speed sweeping algorithm minimizes power loss and provides full visibility of the entire power curve from open circuit to battery voltage; ensuring the maximum power point is chosen under all ambient conditions.
The TriStar MPPT-600V charge controller uses advanced power electronics to efficiently utilize up to 600 Voc (open circuit voltage) PV or wind to charge 48 Vdc battery systems. Rated for 60 Amps, the TriStar MPPT-600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering. In fact, the TriStar MPPT-600V controller is the only 600-volt PV controller to offer open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality.
The TriStar MPPT-600V charge controller may be purchased with or without a pre-wired DC Disconnect Box. The pre-wired DC Disconnect Box version (TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB) is acceptable for use with positively-grounded or negatively-grounded PV systems and helps to save on installation time and cost.
Morningstar's products are built from the inside out to deliver more than twice the industry average operating life. The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features:
- The industry's best-in-class power efficiency
- Morningstar's advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.